Are you an Otter Spotter?
Mull Otter Group have some fantastic new “Otter Spotter” mugs, featuring original artwork by local artist Janet Schofield, and we want to give one away to the winner of our new photo competition. The prize will also include a Mull Otter Group fridge magnet and key-ring.
We know it’s not the biggest give away – but we can’t afford much, and besides it’s a bit of fun!
Where possible entries will feature on our gallery page, and our favourites will be posted on Facebook and/or Twitter. Full credit will be given to the photographer.
Don’t forget to report your otter sightings!
Just email your otter photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is April 30th 2018.
Remember to take photos responsibly without disturbing otters!
Details and rules below:
1. This competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom, except for committee members of the Mull Otter Group, and their families.
2. All information detailing how to enter this competition forms part of these terms and conditions. It is a condition of entry that all rules are accepted as final and that the competitor agrees to abide by these rules. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Submission of an entry will be taken to mean acceptance of these terms and conditions.
3. Entries should be submitted by via email to email@example.com. Entries must be labelled with the entrant’s name and image files must be 200 dpi and between 1MB and 3MB. Entrants should include their own name, address and telephone number. We cannot accept postal entries.
4. All images submitted must be of a Eurasian Otter(s), taken on Mull, Iona, or Ulva.
5. All entries must be received by the advertised closing time and date.
6. All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken without disturbing wildlife and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
7. Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a licence to Mull Otter Group to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
8. Only one entry per person. Late, illegible, incomplete, defaced or corrupt entries will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for lost entries and proof of transmission will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Entries must not be sent through agencies or third parties.
9. The winning entry will be that that is judged to be the most visually appealing, original and self-explanatory. The winner will be notified within seven days of the closing date of the competition.
10. The winner will receive a Mull Otter Group mug featuring artwork by Mull artist, Janet Schofield, and a fridge magnet, and key-ring. The prize will be posted to the winner’s UK address in the event that the winner cannot collect it.